Monday, October 6, 2014

Knocking on Heaven's Horn

Hello YGO Community,

This week has been awesome and I even had my first fan add me on Facebook. I'll be at the Frederick Regional on Sunday, October 12. If you're there and you're a fan or you have some advice or a request for a topic, or you just want to say hi, feel free to. I'm pretty recognizable, I'll be the tall, bearded guy in a backwards baseball cap and some sort of button-down shirt. But without further ado, let's get into this week's article.

1. The Current Trend
This week was the first one under the new Limited/Forbidden list, so obviously some prices were still crazy high (Raigeki and Glow-Up Bulb) while just about everything else stayed the same. All the cards in the Big Three stayed right where they were and those decks continued to do as well as they had been.

2. Speculation Targets
I wanna talk about the card Black Horn of Heaven. This card was THE CARD of Geargia format, so you obviously know what it does. The card kind of died this format due to the fact that it can't stop Shaddoll Fusion and if you do stop Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss, he gets his effect. But there is this mechanic called Pendulum Summoning that you might have heard about and they happen to be Inherent Summons, the same kind that Black Horn stops. “But Lyle, Black Horn says 'a monster.' I'll only stop one of them and the others will live." False. Until recently, I thought the same thing, but then I read in the Judge Forum that since Inherent Summons could only happen one at a time when Black Horn was printed, it says “a monster", not “one monster". It was ruled that it would stop the entire Pendulum Summon. At least until they release a new printing or errata for the card. That's pretty good if you ask me. And with the exception of Ultimate Rare copies, the average price for them across the board is $7-10 in a format in which they're not played. Remember how high they got when they were a 3-of in nearly every 55? Even if they do errata the card, the card won't go down in price. And if there's ever another XYZ-centric format, the card is guaranteed to go back through the roof. Have I ever steered you wrong before?

3. What to Dump
I personally think people should be moving all their extra copies of Raigeki right now. They're still fetching a good price and people are still buying them. You don't want to be stuck with 20 copies when the price goes down. Personally, the only copies I'd want to own would be LOB 1/e or RP01 Ultra.

Keep the juice flowing,
Lyle

No comments:

Post a Comment