Monday, November 3, 2014

Grave News

Hey YGO Community,

Sorry I didn't post last week. I was just incredibly busy getting things ready for the big Sneak Peek weekend. So I figured I'd make it up to you by posting some breaking news type stuff today. Without further ado, let's get into it.

1. The Current Trend
With the release if New Challengers this coming Friday, forums and Facebook groups are buzzing with questions of how to beat them or how to slow them down. There is a card that I've been considering boarding against the deck. It's Grave of the Super Ancient Organism, an Ultra Rare from Raging Battle. The card reads:
Continuous Trap
While this card is face-up on the field, Level 6 or higher Special Summoned monsters cannot attack or activate their effect(s).
Apparently I'm not the only one who thought this card was a good side choice because TCGPlayer.com experienced a buyout on the card mere hours after I bought my playset. Buyouts have long been a thing in MTG, but they are just starting to creep into YGO and this will undoubtedly drive the price of this card to $10+ when the buyers re-list them later this week.

2. Speculation Targets
I was actually going to write about this card as a Spec target today, but it seems like I may be a little late to my own party. If you can get copies for $5 or less, they are a must buy even if you just wanna flip them for the quick come-up. This card has so much potential. Think about it, it's Fiendish Chain for all Level 6 or higher monsters. It stops Qliphort in their tracks. Think about all the decks that are currently or will be relevant in the near future and how this card interacts with them:
Qliphort
Shaddolls (Only the Fusions, I know)
Yang Zing (Synchros)
Nekroz (the new hotness that everyone is hyping)
Spirit Beasts (More new hotness)
If you can get these copies, do so. If you already have yours, good job.

3. What to Dump
I'm still not sure what I'd dump. If you have $40+ cards from the Sneak Peek that you're not going to play, those are my suggestions as to what I'd move (to the highest bidder of course).

It's good to be back.
Keep the juice flowing,
Lyle

No comments:

Post a Comment