Monday, November 17, 2014

The Arc Light Rises

Hey there YGO Community,

You guys continue to show so much love with every post. Even more than love, you keep giving me feedback to improve every facet of these articles. I'm just so thankful that I'm doing something so many people enjoy being a part of. Whether it's just reading the articles, commenting on them, suggesting topics/cards for me to talk about, even telling me that you don't like this or that about my article series. It all helps and I'm so thankful for each and every one of you who reads. We're so close to 2,000 views, so if you like this week's article, please feel free to send the link to your friends or share it on your preferred social media outlet.

1. The Current Trend
It looks like people are starting to realize how good Denko Sekka is. This newfound appreciation for the pseudo Cold Wave on a stick has caused the demand for the card to rise and the price along with it. The card is now averaging $25+ after being $15-18 since release. I think the card has a lot of potential as an OTK-enabler. But you don't come here to see what I think about a card as far as playability goes. You read to see what I think about a card as an investment. Ib think that $30 is about the the ceiling for this card, that is until it puts up a major event top being played in triplicate. If that happens, expect the card to jump to $40+.

2. Speculation Targets
This week's target is Herald of the Arc Light.
The card reads:
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Any monster sent from the hand or Main Deck to the Graveyard is banished instead. During either player's turn, when a Spell Card, Trap Card or monster effect is activated: You can Tribute this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 Ritual Monster or 1 Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

As with last week's speculation on Exa-Beetle, this card is exciting because of the impending release of the Nekroz archetype, specifically the card Nekroz Kaleidomirror. You activate it to summon the card The Nekroz of Unicore, sending Herald of the Arc Light to the grave and you get to search for your next ritual monster or the spell with which to summon the one you already have in hand. The card is currently $2-3 and I've been targeting them as throw-ins and in deals where my trade partner just wants cards out of my smalls($8 or so and under) binders. I think the card has a lot of room to grow and is a very safe pick up at a mere $3, not to mention the reprint in the Special Edition should keep their price low for quite a while.

3. What to Dump
As I just referenced, and you should probably know by now, all of the cards printed Super Rare are going to be reprinted in the Special Edition boxes for this set. If you have copies of Supers that are more than $5, now's probably the time to move them so you can pick them up in the very near future at a significantly decreased price.

As always, I look forward to hearing from you guys and gals.

Keep the juice flowing,
Lyle

No comments:

Post a Comment